LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Insightsera   23 August 2021

Family property

Our family was very poor, so starting from my school days I also contributed to add wealth in my family as I was also working in father's garage and also in other business as well.   I did not took any money from them during that period, other than for my food & study materials.   Once I got job I started paying them every month a reasonable amount for their living expenses, 17 years I paid them cash.   Few years before my father given me a property through Dhana settlement deed and in that agreement one clause is that my parents can stay in any house on the said land ( there are two small houses).    Since one house was not enough to accommodate my parents too I reconstructed and expanded it.    Now my parents are agitated and they are not really going well with us, (due to his alcoholic addiction).    In reality, I paid more money to them than, what they given to me as a gift.   Apart from this they are currently staying in one of the house as well in full freedom.

1.Is it possible to restrict his staying right within a house and not on both ?.   This question is because, I also have a family and I don't want to keep them in embarrassing situations.

2. Do I have the right to sell one unit which I am currently using ?.  (Title is in my name).

3. Is there any possibility to file complaint against them, as they making noise and making life miserable ?

Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Aks   04 October 2021

If the title is in your name and if you can prove by documents that you paid for the house..of course you can sell it.

1 Like

Insightsera   06 October 2021

Thanks for your kind advise. Appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register