Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv mahato   19 September 2021

How do i sell my apartment under cnt act

Hi All Respected Members,

This is to inform you all that I have an apartment in Ashok, Ashram, Dibdih, Ranchi which was purchased by my father. Now we would like to sell the apartment, we belong to Mahato Community i.e. Kurmi and because of the CNT act in the Jharkhand state, it has become really difficult to sell it to any other caste or community.

Request all to please suggest how do I sell my property and under what circumstances or process I would be able to sell my property.

Hoping for a positive response.

Regards

Rajiv Mahato

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 September 2021

Local laws apply to subject matter. Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2021

To my knowledge, the provisions of Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act apply to land, not to apartments.
2 Like

rajiv mahato   01 October 2021

Thanks for the reply, most of the people are saying irrespective to land or apartment. if the property is coming under CNT, I can only sell it to people of our community.

Kindly advice.

Chandan Rajak   17 September 2023

I have purchased a flat in dhanbad. As I belong to cnt act. I am not able to sale my flat to others. Is CNT act applicable on flats also? Please help

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 September 2023

The Chota Nagpur Tenancy -CNT Act, 1908, is a land rights statute that was enacted with the help of the British to protect the land rights of Jharkhand's tribal population. The CNT Act is notable for prohibiting the transfer of land to non-tribals to ensure network ownership.

Therefore it is an act for the land allotted and not that the person belongs to that act.

If you have purchased the land on your own money then it will not fall in the said act, you can very well sell it to the prospective buyers. 

Ishika Kumar   02 October 2023

Hello,

I have a question on behalf of my mother. We have a property in Dhanbad in her name. (House/Land).

My parents had intercaste marriage. My late father belongs to Kurmi community. He demised in 2016.

So, my question is - 

Does our property still fall under CNT act? (Even if my dad who was Kurmi is now no more, and my mom belongs from other caste, the property being on her name).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register