Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasaswi gomes (.)     12 September 2021

Fir case needs to be logged

Hi,

I am travelling to Bangalore, to log an FIR 420 case in the next few months.

Will they immediately log in an fir and give me the report to hand?

Is there any chance that they will tell me that we can’t log a complaint because you are a native of AP state?

I was asked by police in my local area to go to Bangalore and log an fir and that is what I am exactly doing..

please dont answer me if your getting paid for answers because someone was unhappy that I asking too many questions. Also, I don’t want anyone from AP state to answer my query. I prefer someone who knows the law properly or from Bangalore to provide information. Thanks and have a nice week ahead.

Txs.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 September 2021

As an Indian citizen, you have every right to seek such a certified copy of the complaint and also the copy of FIR under the RTI Act.
1 Like

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     13 September 2021

Dear Ms Gomes, You have not specified any facts of the case however I ll try to answer in best possible manner. As per your query you are going to file an FIR in Bangalore. Firstly, why Bangalore ? Has the offence been committed in Bangalore ? As per Code of Criminal Procedure 1973, an FIR is registered at a police Station within the jurisdiction of which the offence was committed. There are certain exceptions in Cr PC where FIR may be lodged at other places also. There is a concept of Zero FIR also but that is applicable only where there is confusion with regard to place where the offense has actually been committed. (2) Theoretically, a police officer is required to register an FIR immediately when information relating to commission of a cognizable offence is reported to him however this is not how our Police agency works. generally they take their own sweet time. Sometimes the informant/complainant has to approach the JMIC to get an FIR registered. Once an FIR is lodged, the Police officer is required to give a copy to informant/complainant immediately. But then now days FIR's are also uploaded on State police website so it is easy to download from there also. Please note that FIR's of certain offences are not uploaded due to its nature. Informant in my response means person who reports a crime and not informers of police as shown in Movies. Regards. Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate), District & Session Court, Chandigarh, Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh. Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance.
1 Like

yasaswi gomes (.)     14 September 2021

Thank you for trying to help me with your expertise and your valuable time. Yes, incident occurred in Bangalore and I don't mind even if the police will take their time as long as they log an FIR and take / consider my guidance to sort this case. Religion wise, a Christian is advised to log an FIR so that a Christian will be rewarded in eternity is what the Bible says. At least, with much less effort, I will go to heaven. After all, becoming a victim has its advantages.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register