LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

i am Indian   29 August 2021

Illegal occupancy

If a person who was working with us is allowed to stay in one portion of my house free of cost without paying electricity or water bill or rent for around 30 years... Does not want to vacate my property now & is asking for Money to vacate... Can i cut electricity or water as i am paying for it & from my water connection & electricity too from my connection itself... He does not have a separate connection... Please help

Learning

8 Replies

Shashi Dhara   29 August 2021

Yes u can ,because he is not tenant.
1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 August 2021

Yes. You can. But you have to file an eviction case against him.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 August 2021

Whether the occupant (licencee) of property has claimed "adverse possession" ? It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional guidance to proceed.
1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 August 2021

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista
Whether the occupant (licencee) of property has claimed "adverse possession" ?
It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional guidance to proceed.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 August 2021

Is the person still in employment?

i am Indian   31 August 2021

No... He is not working for us from last 10 years

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 August 2021

You may initiate steps for eviction. As the first step you may serve a legal notice on him informing him that the accommodation was provided to him in connection with his employment and now that he is no longer in employment, his continued occupation is unauthorised and he needs to vacate the premises. you may also demand from him the rent for the period of unauthorised occupation.
1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     31 August 2021

You should not curtail the water or electric supply that is a criminal offence, you have an option to file an RAD suit against him as he is using your premises gratuitously.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register