Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Wife died in us, how to cancel marriage.

Hi Experts,

One of my friends wife expired due to covid, she was working as a nurse and she was US citizen. His child is also a US citizen.

My friend couldn't go there, she expired last year.

What are the procedure to get remarried? Do he need to get a death certificate from US? Do he need to register her death in local body in India? Any procedure to cancel marriage.

I believe it is necessary to cancel first marriage as 2 marriages are illegal.

Please advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 August 2021

After death of wife your friend may get remarried as per his personal laws

(Guest)

What is personal law, he is christian

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 August 2021

I am afraid that the facts may not be all and some important facts are suppressed.  What happens to her savings, benefits after death from employer, Covid relief, and other monetary entitlement?  Who is taking care of the child?  Get someone from the US to get such a death certificate from the authorities if he wishes to remarry.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad

I am afraid that the facts may not be all and some important facts are suppressed.  What happens to her savings, benefits after death from employer, Covid relief, and other monetary entitlement?  Who is taking care of the child?  Get someone from the US to get such a death certificate from the authorities if he wishes to remarry.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. This is not a place to describe the entire story. And what you asked here is irrelevant to the question. If you have some suggestion on what is asked please. .

Yes, there are relatives to take care of the child as well as to receive death certificate if necessary.

Thank you for your time.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 August 2021

Mr.Leo,

The following was your earlier post in Nov, 2016 that became your friend's wife expired:at US and guidance on remarriage in latest post in 2021

"We are married for the last 6 years and we have a 5 year old daughter. We were living in a rented apartment and 10 months back we had a quarrel and she left me to her home. I have tried her number many times but she never picked up, she recently changed the number. We were connected in Facebook, recently she blocked me. I had sent a registered letter to her, that came back. I have gone to her home, she used to be with her brothers (parents expired). Nobody were there, I asked her neighbors about, but they do not know anything about. I have tried her brothers number, no reponse. Since she is not working, I have no idea where she is. Now, I am thinking about filing a divorce case. Please suggest if there is any option left.  "

God bless you.   WIsh you a happy married life.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register