Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neil Paul   10 August 2021

Construction Based Query

Hello Experts,
A query from a friend in Mumbai regarding Construction. Please advise what should I tell him about it.

"I have bought under-construction apartment (Kalaptaru Woodsville) in Mumbai in Sept 2016. In one year the construction work went smooth and it completed 8 slabs out of 21 till Jan 2018. After that there was complete halt on construction. I had signed agreement date with possession mentioned as December 2020 however RERA date is December 2022 and now with govt allowance increased to June 2023.

I have asked developer to compensate me after December 2020 as he is not able to fulfill its obligation to which builder responded with Covid problems even though it is not delayed because of it.

Do I hold any legal grounds to hold builder accountable?

Please note: I had sold my parents previous apartment to buy new one and investment my life savings in it. We are all very stressed any help will save my family"

Regards & Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 August 2021

Ask your friend to contact a local advocate, explain the facts with such documents.  The professional will first issue a notice to the buyer as per CP Act and can take up the case with District Consumer Forum or RERA depending on those facts.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 August 2021

If there is a compensation clause in the registerd sale/purchase agreemeent, he can demand the permissible compensation. It is advisable to approach RERA for clarification.

1 Like

Neil Paul   12 August 2021

Thank You Mr. G.L.N. Prasa Sir & Mr. Kishor Mehta Sir. I will ask my friend to proceed accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register