LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohd (HOD - HR)     15 May 2010

Stamp Duty on Transfer of property

Will anybody guide me regarding stamp duty, will stamp duty is applicable in Mumbai when property is transferring from late father’s name to son’s name and if applicable, how much?     

Learning

8 Replies

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     15 May 2010

no  need of stampduty in mumbai for inheritance.

Rajesh.T.,9912266678 (ADVOCATE/CONSULTANT)     15 May 2010

you have not clearly stated about the transfer ,if the transfer is effected by WILL comming into force after his demise .than there is no question of stamp duty.if the transfer is by gift deed or by way of other deeds than stamp duty is neccessary.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     17 May 2010

NO THERE IS NO NEED OF STAMP DUTY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS TRANSFERED THROUGH "WILL"

1 Like

mohd (HOD - HR)     19 May 2010

thanks for your reply

mohd (HOD - HR)     19 May 2010

thanks for your reply

shen (xxx)     20 May 2010

Hi,

My father in law transferred his property to his son (my husband) and myself (daughter in law) thru a settlement deed, now the registor is saying that father in law can not make settlment to daughter in law.

But the deed includes his on (my husband) as well. When we did the registration there was no stamp duty, now they are asking for the stamp duty (2 lacs), is it true that when a daughter in law name is included the stamp duty needs to be paid.

kindly help

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     21 May 2010

You have to pay stam duty.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 May 2010

Does it mean that if the settlement was only in favour of the son, no stamp duty was payable?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register