LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Salary date in labour law

Is there any salary date mentioned in labour law, like monthly salary should be paid on 7th or before 10. For central government offices or state government office ( kerala)

Learning

4 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   06 August 2021

In accordance to the question asked by you, let me inform you that as per the provisions of the Payment of Wages Act, 1936, wages need to be paid to employees before the expiry of the 7th day of the last day of the wage period, where number of employees are less than 1000. In case the number of employee is less than 1000, wages must be paid before the expiry of the 10th day of the last day of the wage period.

Further, wages must be paid only on working day and not on holiday. In case employment of any person is terminated, the wages earned by him must be paid before the expiry of the second working day from the date of termination.

However, usually in India government employees recieve their salaries at the last working day of the month.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 August 2021

i endorse and appreciate the explanation, opinion and advise of expert Mr. Kevin M Paul

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 August 2021

In the case of Central Government offices, except for the month of March, salary is required to be disbursed on the last day of the month. Salary of April is disbursed on the first working day for the Banks.

For Government of Kerala the due date is the first working day.

Kevin Moses Paul   12 August 2021

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista
i endorse and appreciate the explanation, opinion and advise of expert Mr. Kevin M Paul

I'm grateful for the compliments and I look forward to keep up to the mark I have set.

Thanking You

Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register