LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moin Imran Khan   02 August 2021

question related to Hindu Joint Family

Is Hindu Joint Family legal entity or juristic person (including for the purpose of taxation) ? please Explain elaborately

Learning

10 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   02 August 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that the concept of Joint Hindu Family and Coparcenary is believed to be one of the cornerstones of the Hindu family law. It is extremely important to understand the features and differences between the two.

Joint Hindu Family is an inevitable and fundamental concept of the Hindu family law which in present-day is governed by the Hindu Succession Act, 1956.
It is a normal condition of Hindu society. For a Hindu, it is a never-ending process, if in one generation it is brought to an end by the means of a partition, it comes back into existence in the next generation automatically.

A Joint Hindu Family is neither a corporation nor a juristic person as they do not have a separate legal entity from that of its members as held in the case of Chhotey Lal and Ors. v. Jhandey Lal and Anr. It is a unit and is represented by the Karta of the family in all matters.

Hope It Helps!

Regards
Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 August 2021

Answer to the question paper is negative.

What is your concern / issue / locus standi ? 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 August 2021

Those really interested in law must preserve all the replies by Mr.  Kevin M. Paul through his profile replies, index them and preserve it book form for understanding and reference on many issues in law.  Many of the experts reply immediately after reading the question without referring to any book//material but  Mr. Kevin M. Paul works on the issue and provides a comprehensive reply with citations in a very short time.  Great contribution.

1 Like

Moin Imran Khan   03 August 2021

Dr J C Vashistha there is no issue I am a law student hence I asked the question to get clear my concept.

ok

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 August 2021

Six queries in two days, good interest in learning through forum replies.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2021

This platform is meant to help / oblige needy litigants and not a coaching site, be clear.

Moin Imran Khan   04 August 2021

who are you G.L.N Prasad?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2021

@Moin Imran Khan: Janab, a humble learner always. Learning through queries filed by other members like you.

Kevin Moses Paul   12 August 2021

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Those really interested in law must preserve all the replies by Mr.  Kevin M. Paul through his profile replies, index them and preserve it book form for understanding and reference on many issues in law.  Many of the experts reply immediately after reading the question without referring to any book//material but  Mr. Kevin M. Paul works on the issue and provides a comprehensive reply with citations in a very short time.  Great contribution.

Thank you Sir for noticing my efforts, I really appreciate it and I look forward to maintain the decorum.

Regards

K.M. Paul

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2021

The thing I admire is not only your contribution but in  sincerely taking each query seriously and the way you respect the member by responding, without imputing motives and as though you are directly teaching them intricacies in a better way.  In the beginning, I have doubts that you have prepared the replies and got someone to raise the queries suitable to your reply, (I have seen such practices in some forums) but I realized that I am mistaken.  I am mistaken as those members are satisfied with one query and the REPLY  was like a research paper.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register