LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Ghosh   14 July 2021

What is fine by court of law

Can a Fine By police for non wearing mask be called fine by court of law.As for this case I didn't not got go to court for paying the fine.My query is in a form of bank clerk they are asking for have you ever been fine by court of law? So I am confused what I fill there yes or no as I have no document of this incident and secondly I don't not this fine does really under lay fine by Court of law or not...

Learning

2 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   15 July 2021

Court fine is ordered by the court, while on the other hand, there's no such thing as a Police fine.

This is because when a person or an individual is fined he/she pay's an amount of money to the police department. However, the police personnel's are most likely collecting this money for the Court or some other municipal partner (as prescribed).

Thus, police departments do not receive any sort of money through enforcing fines or the fibres enforced by their department. This is because, police work is not paid on commission or something like that.

Now, let me tell you that a court fine is imposed in terms of the court verdict by the court. Police fine is rather a misnomer. The statute prescribes the amount of fine for a violation giving the wrong doer an option to pay that amount, take a receipt from the police and be done with the guilt without any further trouble of going to court either to plead guilty or contest the imputation. Although, this kind of police challan is provided only for wrongs without mensrea for instance in traffic offences or violations compoundable at the level of prosecution agency.

Hope It Clears Your Perspective

Regards
Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Sourav Ghosh   25 July 2021

Thank you sir..Will it affect my career or in the attestation form where the ask us have you ever been fined by court of law should i mention this type of fine where police collects the money as a fine?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register