LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annie Goyal   06 July 2021

Marital affair

is it ok if a girl goes to in laws house when divorce case from groom side and DV case from bride side are still going on in the court??

Learning

14 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 July 2021

There is nothing wrong in visiting in-laws house or anyone's house (including enemy) for a courtesy call, attending a function, informal occasion but one should be prepared for unforeseen insults and unwelcoming attitude of the others and should take proper precautions.  Contact your advocate and also inform him..

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 July 2021

Hello,

There is no bar in law that the bride or groom cannot visit their in-law's house. However, they have to take care as cases are pending and there will be tension between relationships which may trigger some disputes or fights. In another view, this can dilute the tension between the parties. 

Annie Goyal   06 July 2021

Thnk u so much for ur valuable advice....

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 July 2021

You have not posted the complete facts.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 July 2021

Originally posted by : Annie Goyal
is it ok if a girl goes to in laws house when divorce case from groom side and DV case from bride side are still going on in the court??

There is no legal issue if a lady visits / stays in her matrimonial home when she is a litigant against her husband.

What is your concern / problem / issue / locus standi to the half-backed facts vis-a-vis query ?

Annie Goyal   07 July 2021

Those people r not even affected from this.... also, they r not ready to give back my 'streedhan'.... then why should i spend my life being a burden on my parents.... so, i want my rights to stay at in laws house...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2021

It is her right to stay with her husband and no law forbids that, but the wife must look upon her safety first.  

1 Like

M V Gupta (Advocate)     07 July 2021

IT APPEARS FROM YOUR RECENT POST THAT YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING AT YOUR PARENT'S HOUSE AND FILED THE DV CASE. NOW IF YOU GO BACK TO YOUR HUSBAND'S PLACE, IT MAY AFFECT THE PLEADINGS IN YOUR DV PETITION. BETTER CONSULT YOUR ADVOCATE. AS HE IS FULLY AWARE OF THE PLEADINGS IN THE DV PETIION, HE WILL GUIDE YOU PROPERLY.

1 Like

Annie Goyal   07 July 2021

M V Gupta sir.... DV case has been going on since 2019....nothing is done till now... nor they find it necessary to attend the hearings... then what will be the effect on pleadings... 😒

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     07 July 2021

In India many cases go on for years and so the aggrieved party suffers for a long time while the aggressors enjoy their lives.

It is a right of the spouse to live in the marital home and if you feel safe or can take care of your safety then you can stay there. Your staying together may reduce tensions over time or may make the other side look for a quicker disposal of the case too.

Annie Goyal   08 July 2021

S jadhav sir... safety is the only concern for me n my family... as i got married in another state... so far from my house.... Is there any fixed solution to solve this problem???

M V Gupta (Advocate)     08 July 2021

The petition filed by you is not available to me for perusal, Hence the effect of your going back to ur matrimonial house cannot be assessed. The advocate appearing for you in the matter will be the best person to guide you in the matter.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 July 2021

There is no restrictions on you to enter into your matrimonial home even during the tendency of the matrimonial disputes. 

However it is advisable that you obtain a residential orders from court before entering into their house along with a protection order. 

Annie Goyal   15 July 2021

Ok sir... thanks for ur valuable response....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register