LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What's here   21 June 2021

Can anyone take your picture or video without your permissio

Can anyone take pubic places your picture or video without your permission in India? Do they have the right to upload it on social media? Is there any value in India for the loss of dignity caused by it?

Learning

17 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 June 2021

Inform facts, circumstances, places, and whether the video has on any occasion or a public place with others also in picture and how the person thinks that dignity was lost.

1 Like

What's here   22 June 2021

If im sitting in park with girl friend can take videos anyone without my permission or any public place?

They are not publish social media that. but its our privacy,.

Park is a public place and how there is a loss of privacy and reputation in publishing a photo has to be explained in detail to Police for registering your complaint.  When activities in a car in a public place are ruled as not private, one can not get the complaint registered.

What's here   22 June 2021

No sir.if I'm denied that he can't take. Then what privacy for me in India ,  Even if I make a small mistake, I will lose my authenticity when everyone sees it for publish, Naked is not the only defamation,  Would you like me to videotape your women in public?

Would you like me to videotape your women in public?  

You have come to a decent forum for guidance and members express their opinion and this is your question to them who informs you that taking photographs in a public park is not an invasion of privacy, as SC has ruled what is personal information.

If you think that your privacy in a public park with a girlfriend should not be photographed and that amounts to an invasion of privacy, you are at liberty to make a simple issue more complicated to her, and free to seek such remedy under the law by contacting your local advocate and making the media and the person involved in this.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 June 2021

In such situation, where it is specifically the case that the picture or video has been taken with the wilful intention to intrude into your privacy, you have the option to file a suit in the civil court. Please note that such actions are still untested in our country and hence, it is impossible that there could be a definite suggestion as to the outcome.

1 Like

What's here   23 June 2021

thanks for the reply sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 June 2021

The park is a public place and not a private place, hence it cannot be said that your privacy has been invaded by the person alleged to have taken your photograph while you were with your girlfriend.

In my opinion no case for defamation or invasion of privacy may be maintainable.

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     25 June 2021

In a public place it is absolutely legal to photograph someone, and to use the photograph for any purpose as long as the persons photographed are not misrepresented or the photo is used for ulterior motive.

What's here   25 June 2021

What do if anyone take my photo in personaly focused me?Although we know their motives,Thats not a good active. can we not avoid such situations?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 June 2021

Mr. Wha's here, in these cases the victims are innocent ladies and not their boyfriends. ( unless they are not good boyfriends).  Severa; ex[erts expressed their opinions and you have also posted the same query in some other forums also with your original name.  You can avoid the situations either by distancing yourself from appearing in such places with girlfriends or asking the girlfriend to wear a burkha in public places when they wish to visit public places like parks.  The law is in this country and in other western civilized countries where they spend time on beaches with semi-clad dresses while dating.

What's here   25 June 2021

It is not clear what you are saying. It is not fair to say that you should wear a burqa to avoid being photographed. If my photo is taken to defame me then of course I have the right to prevent it.My dignity is precious to me.I can file a defamation suit against it.They can even stop me from taking my photo. What a courtesy they have to obey.I ask this question again because your answer is irrational

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 June 2021

I am just a common man and was clear in explaining in my first reply itself that photographing in a public park is not an offense in India.  It is not my opinion it is the opinion of the three most eminent experts of the forum.  I have also informed in my reply the opinion of some may not be law and when you are treating that such photograph as illegal, you can file such defamation suit,   You are at liberty to proceed legally instead of posting the same query again and again in two pages..  

1 Like

What's here   26 June 2021

Sir.Sorry to bother you

Just to know what the law enforcers are doing in such a situation.The common sense is that one should not invade one's privacy without permission.No one is allowed to do anything.His privacy is as great as the person he welcomes in a public place.Just because a person came to a public place does not mean that his dignity in the neighborhood is just for publicity.This forum went on for a while as many people here confuse it without saying it clearly.Dignity is important to everyone. No one is allowed to lose anything. I don't think the law is that bad.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register