Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ananthu Udayan   10 June 2021

Plan to do LLB After BE-Computer science

Hi
Iam planning to do 3 year LLB from this academic year onwards... I did UG in computer Science and Engineering... Now iam 29 year old and I have few years of industrial experience in IT firms and other firms. ... Iam not interested to continue this profession anymore..

so anyone please give some advice in this ?

1) start practicing law at the age of 33 is a good descion or not ? challanges?

2) Scope of doing LLB after BE-CS

please reply

Learning

9 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2021

Yes, you can, if you are otherwise eligible. There is no age limit as to enrollment as an advocate.

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 June 2021

Yes you can . All profession are good but aall subject to our effort and hard works  

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 June 2021

Yes. You can.  You shall decide yourself regarding your future.  If you strongly wish to do LLB, do it with a goal.

1 Like

Suhasini Garje   10 June 2021

best decision
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 June 2021

It is you to decide which profession is better for you, where you are interested to pursue.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 June 2021

Rethink various options before wasting such precious technical education and experience.  The legal profession is not that easy and I am doubtful as to whether with the past exposure that you can not compromise on the profession.  You have to invest a minimum of four years for entering into the profession as a practicing advocate.  The profession is not that rosy as you presumed.  If you are rich and having adequate assets to support your family, and if the legal profession is a passion you may opt, but earning to support a family may be difficult.  Contact a local advocate and if your parents are anyone in your own family is already in the profession, that may be advantageous (If you are already fighting cases or wish to enter into litigation on your personal issues, it is not necessary that you are an advocate, even without qualification you can proceed further as a party in person by acquiring knowledge.)

I am interested in knowing your final decision.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2021

You can proceed with your desire and option to choose the profession of your choice.

Since the qualification for doing 3 years LL.B course is as graduation degree in any field, you will be eligible for joining the LL.B course in a recognised law college or university.

You can proceed with your decision to complete law degree as per your desire to become an advocate in future.

1 Like

Kevin Moses Paul   22 July 2021

See first things first, there is a great scope in the field of law no doubt about that. Although, you might face some challenges in initial years of your practice, which is something very common in every profession, so there's nothing to worry about.

Now, if we talk about scope, let me rewind what you said in your query. As you've stated above that you have few years of experience in IT field, I suppose it will me much more better for you to either get into Cyber Law field or infact look forward to be a part of a reputed corporate firm, as you're previous experience can help you in these extensively.

However, if you're pursuing Law to be an advocate, then the Scope part is not something one can decide right now, as in litigation your scope totally depends upon your knowledge and applicability of legal provisions in real life scenarios as that's the only way an advocate can attain success in his/her career. As an advocate (civil/criminal), you're graduation in BE-CS is not something that would effect.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Ananthu Udayan   22 July 2021

Thank you so much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register