Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laxmi Reddy   30 May 2021

bank loan repayment

My father took a housing loan in 2018,
he paid every month without any delay,
even in lockdown, he paid without taking any moratorium on the loan . This month he didn't pay, the bank officers are calling every day at a minimum of 12 times,
they said they will come to our home tomorrow. What can I do if they ask loudly in street?
what can I do if they try to beat my dad?
are there any sections? help me out?
even we need a moratorium how can we ask then according to law
please help me out!!

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     31 May 2021

State the facts clearly. if they giving troubles by such arrogant manners then write a letter to the concerned bank higher official with the support of local advocate and also can complaint against them to the nearest police station for the abuse behavior by the bank agent personally.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 May 2021

Make a visit to the bank, seek to reschedule of the loan due to COVID.  Always seek the name of the officer that is contacting, his number, and time of contact.  The bank is bound to issue a notice first if there is a default of more than 2 EMI and they are not supposed to harass you over the phone.  They may at the most make a decent and courtesy call reminding overdue and seeking reasons, that's all, making 12 calls in a day amounts to harassment.  Honestly, I do not believe this version as no banker is that much serious and can be such discourteous.  There is a prescribed form for rescheduling and you can collect it from the bank..  If there is a call record preserve the same, and make a written online complaint to his immediate superior and to DBOD, RBI-If the bank fails to understand your inability and continues to harass you.  I am afraid that you are not fully coming out with facts as EMIs pending may be more, causing worry to Banker.  The banker will be too pleased to reschedule in his own interest, as he can reduce his branch NPA position.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     31 May 2021

Please ask your father to visit the bank branch and have a discussion with the Branch Manager and explain the reasons for the delay in payment of the EMI and seek time to repay the same. Banks normally shall oblige.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 June 2021

Unbelievable hypothetical story.

No bank shall send recovery agents to harass for single default as imagined and stated by you.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 June 2021

Yes, the query is too hypothetical.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2021

The bank will not take action for single month default in loan repayment.

If the bank is coming home and creating nuisance you may issue a legal notice to them to refrain from indulging in such illegal activities nd to proceed legally as per law for recovery of loan instead of taking law into their hands. 

You can even give a complaint against the agents who may visit your house and indulge in such activities 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 June 2021

come with full facts.

1 Like

Akshay Satpal   18 December 2022

my cash credit limit in Maharashtra bank in mudra loan but i cannot payout that amount and now my cc account convert into npa.. now I am not able to pay this amount then what can i do now?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register