LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ahana Ahana   09 June 2021

husband wife issue

there is one friend of mine who is married for past 4 yrs. he has a kid of two yrs. his brother got corona and to protect his wife and son, he asked them to live at their hometown in their mothers home. now everything got fine but wife is reluctant to come back home and is bringing old fights in between . she never ever worked or helped at home and is now demanding a new seperate house. my friends parents are old and they need him. he cant leave them at this age and now wife is troubling and ia also not allowing him to meet the kid. he went three times to her house to bring her back but she is just demanding a new home which is not possible right now as due to pandemic my friend is job less. he even worked hard when things were fine but still she needs money freedom and doesn't want to help in household chores. in January February the wife had operation of gallstones. my friend arranged money anyhow and went there to help and after operation he met his kid and brought him at his house but his in laws got furious and asked to bring the kid back or else they'll file a case of kidnapping. he went back and handover his kid to them. months passed. wife is even not ready for divorce. and now she has filed a case on my friend for no reason. what can be done in this case pls suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     09 June 2021

ask your friend to State the facts clearly. I think he is hiding some facts with you. if any problem then better to find solution by way of amicable manner. or other wise better to consult local lawyer and seek advise and act accordingly

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2021

The father taking his child cannot be termed as kidnapping offence.

Your friend has got scared unnecessarily without consulting anyone on this issue.

If he refused to send back his child then neither his wife nor his in laws can do anything about it.

You have stated that his wife has filed a case against him, what is the case she has filed against him?

If you divulge the details you can get suggestions to tackle the false case too.

If he is no interested in continuing the married lie with her, and if she is not agreeing for divorce, he should not beg her, instead he can very well file a contested divorce case on the grounds of cruelty.

Let him discuss his problems with n experienced lawyer ion the local and can proceed as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register