LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja (owner)     19 May 2021

Original documents

Sir, I lend money to my friend. He purchased a property from DRT, for security purpose he gave the sale certificate , original document issued by DRT to me. Now the sale is SETASIDE by DRAT and ordered to refund the sale amount to my friend. My friend simply files a statement before the recovery officer as the original documents were missed and requested to refund the sale amount without original documents. Kindly suggest me to redeem my money. Note : I didn't have any other written documents or cheques from the borrower.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 June 2021

If you have evidences for lending the money to the borrower, then you first issue a legal demand notice demanding the repayment of the amount borrowed from you with interest if that was one of the conditions in the oral loan agreement.

After that you can file a money recovery suit and can produce the sale certificate before court as an additional evidence for lending the amount to him.

You can also inform the concerned bank in writing about the sale certificate held in your possession for the said purpose hence the borrower's statement of having lost the said documents is false.

The bank will not disburse the amount to hi till the original documents are submitted by him\

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register