Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sneha jaiswal   29 May 2021

Negligence

Hello, Learned Counsel!

I have an agricultural land above which there is dangling wire over my property which often sparks, exactly above the wheat farming which is done in the field. Farming is another source of income for us. We have requested the cable distributor to remove that cable and route it clears off my land.  But they have not removed it. He is avoiding laying extra cable to save money. Now, that cable last night sparks and lit a fire in our fields. What is the legal remedy available to us, as we had a huge loss due to the negligence?

Learning

7 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 May 2021

What cable? Electric transit cable? 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 May 2021

Give complaint to electricity department/police dept. for loss on fire. send a legal notice to the concern distributor for fire loss compensation. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 May 2021

File injunction ( mandatory and prohibitory ) suit against cable distributor and get restrained him for removal or shift from your land.

1 Like

I.B. Pandey   29 May 2021

You can file a case in relative court against electricity department of your district head General Manager of electricity board

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 May 2021

I agree with expert advise of Mr. Bhartesh Goyal.

File a suit for mandatory, permanent and prohibitory injunction restraining the cable operators/ defendants  in the civil court of jurisdiction .  

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 May 2021

You mean a cable that  is dangling over your agricultural fields?

Presuming it to be electricity  supply  wire, you may first give a complaint in writing to the nearest electricity office explaining the danger involved in this and the risk to the lives of the farmers working in the field.

If there is no response then you may approach court with a suit for mandatory injunction to remove the wire hanging precariously over your fields and causing danger to the lives of the field workers and also to restrain them from installing any such thing over your fields in such a careless manner which may affect the lives of the general public and particular field workers. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 May 2021

The posting suggests that the wire dangling over your alleged field is a transmission cabl, not an electric line. In a realtime situation there could be no sparks. Of course, anything is possible in imagination; there are impossibilities in creative imagination!. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register