LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash   08 May 2021

Property of Grandfathers

My father got separated from his parents when he was near 24, Now I'm 20 !! My grandparents had written a will regarding assets of family!! My grandfather had mentioned about my father's share in that will... Recently my father visited his parental family, and got to know that his parents are no more... My father has another 2 brothers who had shared my father's share of property... Violating the will... We just know that a will was made but we do not have a copy of it!! Will i get share in my grandfathers assets??

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     08 May 2021

First try to get the WILL copy  and ascertain the validity. If it is genuine then you can consult local lawyer and file a case against your uncles.

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 May 2021

Hello,

If you are claiming a share in property under will then you should have a copy of the will. Appoint an advocate to trace out the will from the sub registrar's office if it is registered. 

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 May 2021

Firstly obtain the copy of your grandfather's will and ascertain whether your father has been given any share or not if  unable to obtain copy of your grand father's will then your father has to file suit for partition of your grandfather's property.

1 Like

ganesh ns   08 May 2021

first ensure that base upon what deed the other 2 brothers enjoying the property. If it is based upon a Will, then ask a copy of that.
if they refuse to give file a partition suit, then automatically the Will comes to the court and based upon which a share will be alloted to you.
best of luck.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register