LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   30 April 2021

Jewellary gifting

My grand mother was house wife with her small savings she brought a gold approxmiately weighing 20 grams. long back ago she want to give it to me voluntarily .

Here my question is can she give it to me because she brought the gold from her own savings and there childrens are objecting not to give it me. please some one suggest on.this how to deal.with this

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     01 May 2021

Its her own  wish  and right. Why other are objecting for it? Their Children means ? ( including your mother or father?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 May 2021

She has already gifted the gold to you, it is final.

Let anyone raise any objection, it does not matter

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 May 2021

Collection of money through small savings comes under the purview of self acquired property so she can gift or transfer it to anyone as per her wish .No one has right to make objections.

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     01 May 2021

Get a gift deed registered for this with one affidavit before a First Class Judicial Magistrate or Executive Magistrate stating that the gold was acquired by her out of her savings and she want to gift it to you. This affidavit will have a great importance after her death (God forbids!).

Nikhil SHETTY   01 May 2021

Not my parents my mothers sisters and brothers are objecting it

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     01 May 2021

Their objection/s can be thrown out easily in the Ganges river if your Grandmother is determined to gift you the gold!

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 May 2021

Mere physical handing over gold to you is sufficient which need no "Gift Deed" toe be executed / registered. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2021

It is your grandmother's own and absolute proeprty.

She has full rights over this property, she need not have to listen to anyone's advise on this neither she is bound by the objections raised by any other person.

She can very well transfer this jewels in your favor as a gift.

She do not even need to execute a gift deed to transfer this gold ornament to you.

She can ignore the objections raised by any other person to do this act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register