Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi Abhi   27 April 2021

Second cousin marriage

I belong to hindu family and from Punjab
Can second cousin marriage is legal
She is daughter of my father cousin (sister)

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 April 2021

she is your father's immediate sister's daughter  then as per Hindu customs it is allowable 

1 Like

Sir his mother is my father cousin. So his daughter is my second cousin and cross cousin

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 April 2021

No, you can't marry .It comes under prohibited degree.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 April 2021

The girl is the daughter of your father's sister(cousin).  In some Hindu families, the girl's mother is your aunty(BUVA) and so it is allowable marriage.

Sir his mother is my father cousin. So his daughter is my second cousin and cross cousin

aditi   28 April 2021

respected sir According to Hindu Marriage Act, persons are said to be under the degree of prohibited relationships if-

1.  If one is a lineal ascendant of the other

2. if one is the wife or husband of the lineal descendant or ascendant of the other

3. if one is the wife of the brother or of the father's or mother's brother or grandfather's or grandmother's brother of the other

4. If the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, two brothers or two sisters, children of brothers and sisters.

5. they are not Sapindas of each other (unless the custom allows them to do so) hence a person cannot marry up to third generation in the line of ascent through the mother and fifth in the line of ascent through the father.

regards

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 April 2021

Hello,

Your realtionship is within prohibited degree. You cannot marry your father's cousin sister's daughter. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 April 2021

The proposed relationship comes within prohibited degree. Marriage impermissible unless there is a custom to the contrary in your community.

However, such prohibition is restricted to the parties in marriage, not the world at large.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register