Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Malathker (A.A.M)   09 April 2021

Goods Insurance Claim.

Respected Experts ,
I'm in a very weird situation and would appreciate your Support. thank you.

Issue:

We have Goods Insurance for our Textile Business and last Oct there were Floods in HYD and our Godowns were Drenched.

we claimed for Insurance and the Insurance Company asked us to submit numerous files by November, Our Chartered Accountant was busy in his marriage Preparations and later was infected with Covid . and hence it took time and we submit all the documents by December.

The Company kept us asking for more and more docs untill march (this month)
and today they say you have taken a lot of time and your Balance Sheet is in hand written form and not computerized
and hence maybe we cannot help you.
he's called me for a 'MEETING" tomorrow .

kindly let me know what I can do. or is there something I can do.
_/\_ it'll be great help to me .

Thank You.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 April 2021

Contact a local advocate, draft a written submission explaining the reasons in detail, point out the specific loss to your business due to delay in settlement and their irregular conduct in demanding piecemeal documents which amount to harassment.

File RTI Application from a friend or relative through some other state to the same insurance company on line and seek information under RTI As follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the time frame fixed under citizen charter for settlement of claim after receiving the claim documents.

2.Please provide the laid down rules on submission of various audited financial statements.

First, be confident that your genuine claim will certainly be settled though it can be delayed.  There are further remedies through Insurance Ombudsman and District Consumer forum.  The claim can not be rejected only because there is a delay in submitting those documents that are not within your control and they can not reject only for the reason that the financial statements are not computerized.   Appreciate their rules and regulations for avoiding the claims that are reasonable and enhanced, as there are businessmen that use such opportunity to extract huge amounts without any such extent of loss/

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 April 2021

Firs submit your real issues regarding delay of submitting documents   by writing . if they not turned out then you can send a legal notice and file a case in appropriate court for get remedy 

1 Like

Ashish Malathker (A.A.M)   10 April 2021

Thank You So Much for the response .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register