Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANJEEV KUMAR   25 March 2021

Father's surname is missing in property purchase deed

I have an issue causing great worries to me

Recently I got a property registered in my and my wife name. On the front part of transfer deed my name , father's name,address everything is correct but on the backpages where scanned photos and thumb impressions are,there happened a mistake my father's surname "Singh" is missing. Lawyer told me it happened during booking the token on window and it's nothing to worry,and even an affidavit can work in this case,were told same in registrar office.

Please suggest does it need rectification deed or not.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Learning

7 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     25 March 2021

That is not worrying at all, if the deed has mentioned the names correctly in subject matter then that is ok. Still if you want you can file a rectification of error deed.

2 Like

Thank you sir,

Please also advise if I have to sale the same flat. This will cause any problem or not.

Sanjeev

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 March 2021

REST ASSURED WHEN EXPERT ADVISED YOU not to worry if you still want for your satisfaction YOU may file rectification deed.  Full name of purchaser and seller are only important and father's name is only identity purpose in case of similar names.

1 Like

Sir Firstly Sorry for asking again.

I have another question that in deed backpage where scanned photos and thumb impressions are,there happened a mistake one of deponent name is not correct, however one deponent name is fine. In subject matter of deed both deponent name address and everything is correct.
This will cause any problems or not for me.

Please help me.

shashi bhushan jha (lawyer)     25 March 2021

Not at all

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 March 2021

No problem in the document, go ahead with sale transaction.

1 Like

SANJEEV KUMAR   26 March 2021

Sir,

Thanks for your kind advice.

Thanks to all of you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register