LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jitendra N Ghosh   15 February 2021

Installation of outdoor CCTV camera

Want to install outdoor cctv camera for surveillance of our property. Recently our neighbor along with their family members/relatives tried to trespass our property/vacant land and on objection they allegedly beaten my brother and physically assaulted my mother and a criminal case was lodged. They have lodged a counter case. We want to keep our property in surveillance. Do we need any permission to install cctv camera outdoor. The camera will mainly capture our property & road but since camera has wide angle, it is capturing some portion of others property/house building (almost 10Mtr apart). Kindly suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Gaurav Rawtani   16 February 2021

No permission is needed for the surveillance of the private property provided the angle of the camera in question doesn't breach the right of privacy of the neighbours.

Kevin Moses Paul   19 February 2021

As per your query I'm satisfied that the property you're residing in is your personal property. According to law, there is no need for any sort of permission required for installation of CCTV system or any other gadgets in your property, provided that the angle of the installation of any such gadget shouldn't be such that it hinders the privacy of the neighbors as well.

For Eg:- Installation of CCTV for surveillance of the perimeter is good to go. But installation of CCTV at an angle that it captures the bedroom or any other part of the neighbors house is inappropriate.

I hope you understand the logic and idea behind it, and know the way of doing the thing right.

Hope it Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register