LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanush Shetty (Student)     14 February 2021

A guy call me and irritates alot!

A guy messages me and call and irritates me alot he uses slangs and all what can be done for this!

Learning

2 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   14 February 2021

Hello,

You can lodge a criminal complaint under section 294 of the Indian Penal Code, section 66 of the IT act and if the aggrieved person is a woman an F.I.R can also be filed under section 354 and section 509 of the Indian Penal Code.

Section 294 in The Indian Penal Code

294. Obscene acts and songs.—Whoever, to the annoyance of others—

(a) does any obscene act in any public place, or

(b) sings, recites or utters any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place, shall be punished with imprisonment of either des c r i p tion for a term which may extend to three months, or with fine, or with both.

Section 66 An of the IT Act 

Punishment for sending offensive messages through communication service, etc.

Any person who sends, by means of a computer resource or a communication device,—

(a) any information that is grossly offensive or has menacing character; or

(b) any information which he knows to be false, but for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred or ill will, persistently by making use of such computer resource or a communication device,

(c) any electronic mail or electronic mail message for the purpose of causing annoyance or inconvenience or to deceive or to mislead the addressee or recipient about the origin of such messages, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and with a fine.

Section 354 in The Indian Penal Code

354. Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty.—Whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any woman, intending to outrage or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby outrage her modesty, shall be punished with impris­onment of either des c r i p tion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.

Section 509 in The Indian Penal Code

509. Word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman.—Whoever, intending to insult the modesty of any woman, utters any word, makes any sound or gesture, or exhibits any object, intending that such word or sound shall be heard, or that such gesture or object shall be seen, by such woman, or intrudes upon the privacy of such woman, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.

Thank you

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 February 2021

Dear Mr. Mahesh PS,

You might have ignored the photograph and name of the author who is not a woman, whereas the provisions of law explained (I appreciate your acumen) is inapplicable in his case.

Regards

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register