Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok Thakur   13 February 2021

Not able to contact my very close friend from last one week should I file a police complaint?

I don't have contact of her parents. she was working in some other city.I don't have exact address of her apartment. we used to talk everyday and since last week her phone is switched off.we were very close. I am worried about her safety. Last time I talked to her we were happy talking, putting this info because not to get the wrong idea that she blocked me.I tried with different numbers too. I just want to know whether she is safe or not. I don't have any other contact. would it be fine to file a police complaint? if yes where should I file this complaint the where she was living? or I can file it in my own place?
please help. I am in constant state of worry about her safety.

Learning

2 Replies

Nandini Warrier   13 February 2021

Good evening,

We are really sorry to hear your friend's sudden disappearance. 

Please make sure you find a way to contact any relatives or close family regarding her. You can always use Social Media to find anyone in relation to her. Ask around and see if she has been in contact with them. If she has been in contact with them, then there's no need to worry. Someone can choose to not be in contact with someone for some period of time, as well. It is well within their rights to not talk to any person or persons.

If she is someone who talks to you regularly, and if she has not been in contact with anyone at all for a week, or is not responding to calls or texts or any kind of communication, and such an action seems suspicious to you, then you can, at that moment, call the police, and tell them you want to file a missing persons report under the police authorities of the city she stayed in, since they're responsible for that jurisdiction. 

You'll need a few pictures of the person, with their current looks, and a few close up pictures, and personal details, such as their height, weight, occupation, hair length, complexion, last seen/heard. And also you will need to mention a few identification marks, such as a mole on the nose, or a specific tattoo on the arm, or any other detail that will help identify that person. There are also online portals that help you file a missing persons report. The police authorities of that jurisdiction will proceed to do the needed.

We sincerely hope that everything goes well, and she comes back safely.

Regards,

Nandini.

1 Like

Alok Thakur   14 February 2021

Hi Nandini thank you so much for replying.
I know her one friend but she had changed the number long back. And I don't know any of her relatives. I am completely fine if my friend doesn't want to talk to me but I am worried about her safety. If I get to know she is fine that's enough for me.
I do have pictures of her and can give descripttion about her.

Is there any other way legal way with which I can ensure she is safe?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register