LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj (Vns)     02 February 2021

How to stop payment of bank ac?

My elder brother was died from heart attack, her wife was nominee in LIC got the claim amount in her bank but now she is not giving any share from her ac, So i want know the procedure how to freeze or stop bank ac 

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 February 2021

Nomination is the process by which the policyholder appoints a person or persons to receive policy benefits in case of a death claim. So in case of an eventuality, the life insurance company pays the policy proceeds to the appointed person - called Nominee.

This provision was introduced in the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act, 2015. If an immediate family member (parents, or spouse, or children) is made the nominee, then the proceeds will go to the intended person. ... In the absence of a nominee, the legal heir can claim the insurance proceeds

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     02 February 2021

you cannot claim any amount from her as there is no document to partion the amount nor you are a legal heir for the amount.

Shashi Dhara   02 February 2021

Wife ,mother and children's of deceased are legal heirs.the deceaseds ,mother can file suit for her share.

Manoj (Vns)     02 February 2021

no i am not claiming for any amount but, she was married since 2yrs (no kids) planning to remarry, refusing to give any share to 

deceased parents.

Shashi Dhara   03 February 2021

You cannot claim but your mother can claim her share she can issue legal notice ,and file suit 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register