LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Kashyap   31 January 2021

OCI card issue

hi i am from Ukraine and I married with an Indian man I have an OCI card living and totally Seattle in India but my husband treat me very badly i want take divorce from him, now if I'll get divorced then my OCI card will be cancelled ,what should I do, i have a Citizenship of British I don't want to cancel that too.
I am living in India since from 15 yrs and have a child of age 13yrs.

1)what should I do can i challenge this law then what is the process.(presently living in Noida u.p)
2)can I avail the two countries Citizenship.
3) should I apply for the Indian Citizenship but would my Citizenship of Ukraine will be cancelled.
please help me out.

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 February 2021

You are confused in a bunch of citizens. If you got an Indian citizenship you won't lose your previous whatever citizenships. however if you divorced your husband you can still calim your citizenship but that will be little tougher. You hace messed up yourself, if You britsh citizenship better go to British

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 February 2021

Contact a local advocate who is an expert in such type of divorces  that can offer precise guidance, as they know many ways to circumvent the laws.

Sachin Kashyap   01 February 2021

sir if I get divorced my OCI card will be cancel so can I challenge this law before applying for divorce and if Court allow me then I can go for divorce but what is the process of challenging this law and where to challenge high court?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 February 2021

Sir, please stop 'illusions' on litigation matters in India.  If everything is proper it takes a decade to get a judgment from any court.  Even God Rama could not get his land back and it took several decades.  Challenging Act is not an easy issue and it involves not only time but also involves several lakhs for paying fees to competent advocates.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 February 2021

How Sachin Kashyap could be belonging to Ukraine? Moreover, profile photo suggests the author to be a man - how is that HE is married to another man?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 February 2021

Fabricated facts suggest it is a time-pass question.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register