LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Software Engineer)     19 January 2021

Consumer commission online application portal

I was filling a case through a consumer commission online application portal, against a brand whose product was defective from day one and they have not fixed it yet. While filling it asked for "Notarised attested affidavit" and "Documents to be attested as true copies with name and date Filing Performa (duly signed)", what these terms mean?

Learning

9 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 January 2021

Just file the documents the ( evidance you rely on- Invoices, warranties ,receipts etc) attested as true copies. You can attest them from Public  Notary. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 January 2021

You can self attest the documents as true copies under you signature.

1 Like

Neha (Software Engineer)     20 January 2021

Okay and what "Notarised attested affidavit" means. Is this same as attesting our copies with signature?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     20 January 2021

Notarized means documents attested by a Notary advocate. 

1 Like

Neha (Software Engineer)     20 January 2021

Okay, thanks for your help, Sir.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 January 2021

If you are unable to understand simple legal terms it is better to seek service of a local lawyer as you will face numerous such terminologies used by the commission.

Neha (Software Engineer)     22 January 2021

Sir the problem is that

Firstly, it is not easy to hire an advocate. In my mother's(Age 66yrs) maintenance case, one of the lawyers from Delhi has taken half of the case amount and filled the case delaying 2 months on 1st Jan 2020 and has not been able to serve a single notice to my father till now, when we have given both the residential and professional address. In fact, he also blamed us that we have given him the wrong residential address. It is obvious that my father would show him out of home at a residential address but a smart lawyer would know that in advance and serve the second notice to the professional address.

So, the problem is reliability. A person takes some professional's work in his/her own hand when it is tough to judge. Especially, in this particular profession, the fees and the duration is always unpredictable. 

Secondly, this product is for just Rs 32000, if I hire someone for this purpose then, it would not worth the fight. Instead, I will sell it at a second-hand rate. 

Please don't take it otherwise, I always respect all the members of this forum as they are always helping hand to me. Thanks

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     22 January 2021

𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙪𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙭𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙭 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙙𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙙. 

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 January 2021

Originally posted by : Neha
Sir the problem is that

Firstly, it is not easy to hire an advocate. In my mother's(Age 66yrs) maintenance case, one of the lawyers from Delhi has taken half of the case amount and filled the case delaying 2 months on 1st Jan 2020 and has not been able to serve a single notice to my father till now, when we have given both the residential and professional address. In fact, he also blamed us that we have given him the wrong residential address. It is obvious that my father would show him out of home at a residential address but a smart lawyer would know that in advance and serve the second notice to the professional address.

So, the problem is reliability. A person takes some professional's work in his/her own hand when it is tough to judge. Especially, in this particular profession, the fees and the duration is always unpredictable. 

Secondly, this product is for just Rs 32000, if I hire someone for this purpose then, it would not worth the fight. Instead, I will sell it at a second-hand rate. 

Please don't take it otherwise, I always respect all the members of this forum as they are always helping hand to me. Thanks

Don't worry dear, just you need not any lawyer to file any consumer complaint, just it is  for the protection of consumers and simply fill the details on the portal and write detail of case what actually happened and upoald that too a a form of application, For annexures/ documents/  evidnance    just sign the receipts applications, warranties any thing related to case  and mention as ; ATTTESTED TO BE TRUE COPY .  That is all, if you need any help just fee free to send a DM, i know there are most of the black sheep who eat money of clients and enjoy the miseries of people. Don't fear of anything and proceed, 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register