LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrita   15 January 2021

Obtaining will from brother

My mother passed away 3 yrs back. She had left some land in my name as per her will. She had also left some land to my brother. Two separate wills were created. My brother has both wills and is not giving mine to me. He has shared a digital copy but the scanned copy is not clear. What are my legal options to get the will? Also, can I see his will to be sure there is no conflict? Posted at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/obtaining-will-from-brother-727876.asp

Learning

2 Replies

Nandini Warrier   15 January 2021

Good evening, If there are 2 wills created for the same property/ land, the will that is the most recent in creation will be considered valid. A person can NOT have two wills for the same property. If the second will contains details regarding any other asset or movable property, only then will it be considered valid. If the second will does contain details regarding other assets and/or movable property, and your relative is hesitant in sharing the details of it with you, please communicate with your relative regarding the same. You can consult a lawyer if you fail to come to an understanding after talking. Hope this helped. Regards, Nandini
2 Like

Amrita   16 January 2021

Thank you very much Nandini!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register