Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SYED TAUFEEQ AHMED -   09 January 2021

Employee of Subsidiary company liable to also work for Parent Company?

Respected sirs.

I'm working with X Company which is a subsidiary company of Y. Since 3years I'm Marketing X Company's service. My employment contract with X company only. In my job offer latter it's is not mentioned that I need to do marketing for Y company (Parent Company) Service. Now my X Company forcing me to do marketing for Y Company services also. They are forcing me to do. I'm mentally disturbed. My management insisting that as it's parent company you also need to do marketing for that. Please suggest me what I need to do?

Learning

6 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     09 January 2021

You cannot be forced to do marketing for Y company as the X and Y are both separate entity. And you have contract with X. You may be requested to do but certainly cannot be forced or pressurized. Moreover payment also matters!

Earlier they were told that it's your choice if you want to do you can earn incentives
1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     09 January 2021

So its your choice! But my suggestion is that to settle this amicably as this problem lies with every subsidiary companies!

In case they are pressuring you you may show health or home grounds to ignore this over burden.

1 Like

ji sir, Thank you
1 Like

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     10 January 2021

You are your own master over the prevailing cicumstace in the company 

SYED TAUFEEQ AHMED -   10 January 2021

Can I take injunction on this ground

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register