Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sabahat Sayed (Advocate)     16 July 2008

Draft of Notice u/s. 138 of N. I. Act

Hi

I am looking for a draft of notice and complaint u/s. 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881. pl provide the same its a urgent.

Learning

16 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 July 2008

SECTION 138 of the Act deals with dishonour of cheque for insufficiency etc.

SPECIMEN LEGAL NOTICE                                                  DATE;

FROM

TO

Sir,

Under the instructions from my client ............S/o.........................Residing at .................I give the folllowing notice.

1. That, my client is having business in ......................running a shop at............

2. That you came to my client on.............and I purchased the following goods as specified infra, (specify the details of goods purchased).

3. That you promised to repay the amount of Rs.....the price of the goods purchased by you from my client on.............and amount is Rs.........

4. That you issued a cheque bearing No..............dated...........to be drawn on.............Bank, for Rs.............which represents the amount due to be paid to my client because of the purchase of aforesaid goods.

5.My client states that he had presented the cheque on..................for encashent but the same was dishonoured with an endorsement that there are insufficient funds on....................

6. That my client however is reserving his right to file a criminal comlaint also by issueing appropriate legal notice in this regard.

7. My client also states that you are liable to pay the aforesaid amount with interest thereon up-to-date and though my client reuested you on several occasions personally and through mediators, you are not inclined to repay the same.

8. I therefore call upon on behalf of my client to repay the amount due specified in the notice within a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt of the notice failing which my client will be constrained to take necessary legal action for recovery of amount due from you.

My client hopes that you may not invite such litigation which may be an unwanted litigation in the circumstances of the case.

Advocate

1 Like

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     16 July 2008

Dear Ramachary Garu, its a well drafted
notice but the mandatory period of demand is 15 days not 10 days as
mentioned in your draft notice and moreover it must be mentioned that
in the event of failure in repayment action under sections 138 and 142
of NI act will be initiated. One thing to be remembered that NI act is
to punish the accused for issuance of cheque without having sufficient
balance in the account to honour the same but not for recovery of the
amounts. Regards

1 Like

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     17 July 2008

Good effort in helping out a collegue with draft.

Please see that you make changes in the facts enumerated after consulting your client.

Also end up giving a 15 days notice and adding up this.... inspite of this notice if you fail to repay the cheque amount my client will be left with no other alternative but to file a case against you both under section 138 of N.I. Act  and a civil suit for recovery of money in an appropriate court of law. 

For the N.I. Act itself try to visit my website  https://www.angelfire.com/super2/vakil123  

2 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2008

sir,

thanks for your kind advice sir.

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     19 July 2008

BY REGISTERED A.D. AND UPC

N O T I C E

…………………… (Proprietor M/s. ……..) ………………………….. TRICHUR-680001 KERALA.

We, the undersigned Advocate of ………….. ASSOCIATES: …………… for and on behalf of our client and under instructions of …………………………., Ahmedabad-380002 give you this last warning and Notice as under:

(1)              THAT our client is a proprietor of ……………..nd doing business of wholesale Clothes. You have purchased goods on credit basis from our said client on 08/08/2005 and thus you are very well known as customer and merchant to each other.

(2)              THAT on 03/08/2005 vide Bill No. 72 for Rs. 9,418/- (Rupees Nine Thousand Four Hundred Eighteen only) and on 04/08/2005 vide Bill No. 75 for Rs. 15,531/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Five Hundred Thirty One Only) and again on 08/08/2005 vide Bill No. 76 for Rs. 26,206/- thus in aggregate to Rs. 51,156/- (Rupees Fifty One Thousand One Hundred Fifty Six Only) purchased materials in the name of firm M/s. ……….. on credit basis. The materials so purchased was dispatched by our client through Kerala Roadways Pvt. Ltd. Thus, the said amount is due from you by our client and further as per the terms and conditions of the Bills, the amount of interest thereon as accrued. You have given different cheques for the said dues to our client, of which one Cheque dated 12/12/2006 drawn on Indian Bank, Lichure Branch in favour of our client bearing No. 00000 for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only) and also assured at the relevant time for payment of money and promised for realization of said Cheque and as against the said promise and assurance the said cheque was deposited in bank by our client for realization of amount of Rs. 10,000/- against the aforesaid dues.

(3)              On 12/12/2006 the aforesaid cheque was deposited through Punjab National Bank, Maskati Market Branch, Ahmedabad for realization, which was returned by the bank on 02/01/2007 with remark “Exceeds Arrangement” and the said fact was informed by Punjab National Bank on 05/01/2007. Our client has informed you of return of aforesaid cheque by the bank, but you have not given any reply and therefore our client is compelled to issue this Notice and warning to pay all the aforesaid dues together with Bank Charges and interest accrued thereon to our client forthwith.

(4)              Under the circumstances, you are requested to at once make payment of Rs. 10,000/- together with bank charges against the above cheque returned by the Bankers and obtain our receipt thereof, else our client shall be compelled to file a Criminal Complaint under the provisions of Negotiable Instrument Act Section 138 and shall initiate criminal proceedings at your cost, risk and expenses.

THIS NOTICE is given for cause of your default, an amount of Rs. 401/- should be sent to us forthwith towards our Professional Charges and other expenses at our above address, while obtaining our receipt thereof. Please take a serious note of it.

Place: Ahmedabad,

Date: __/01/2007                                ______

Guest (n/a)     26 July 2008

hi,

please provide arbitration concilation act 1996 Sec-9 drafting argent basis.

Rakesh (Advocates solicitors and legal consultants)     28 July 2008

by and large in totality we have reached at the correct stage. For any further querry you can also visit us at www.rksassociate.com.

every notice under S 138 of N.I act must specify that it is a notice under the said section of the said act.

Guest (n/a)     28 July 2008

the notice is drafted overall properly but the repayment in the 2/3 para cannot be as the party has to pay to our client which is still not paid to our clients hence the wordings should be pay, and not repay, more so there should be also a bit of warning as to what repurcation will happen if the amounts are not paid within the statutory time limit.

1 Like

sanjay sharma (advocate)     12 July 2009

I have to file a case aganist a builder in ghaziabad court, I need a specimen of the complaint for u/c 138

1 Like

Jyoti Tuvekar (Adv)     19 October 2010

legal notice under section 138 NIA-- When some one hires  a car, when bill is issued, accused gives when bounce

BISWARANJAN PANDA (ADVOCATE)     16 April 2014

MR BISWARANJAN PANDA                                                      MOB-9438632339

ADVOCATE                                                             EMAIL-brpandaadvocate@gmail.com

DISTRICT BAR ASSOCIATION ,KEONJHAR ORISSA

Ref. no-                                                                                Date-

LEGAL NOTICE

Regd with A.D.  

TO,

MR X AGED ABOUT 32 YEARS

ADRESS

Dear Sir,

pursuant to the instruction from and on behalf of my client MR.Y (ADRESS) ,The following legal notice is being served on you for your compliance.

1. That,in pursuance of the goods received by you have issued one cheque of Rs--_________bearing cheque No.-_____________date__________drawn on_____________.

2- That,the said cheque was depositted with the bank by my client for payment on ______However ,it is regretted  that the said cheque was bounced on ____________on account of insufficency of funds in your account.

3-___________________________________________________________________________

4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore through this legal notice I call upon you to stop the harassment and refund of Rs------------

and its interest  within 15 days from the date of  recept of legal notice failing which my client will be compelled to take shelter in the court of law and in that event ,you shall be liable for all the costs and consequences resulting thereform

thanking you

NB-A COPY OF THE LEGAL NOTICE IS RETAINED IN MY FOFFICE FOR FUTURE NECESSARY ACTION

lata   11 February 2016

please clarify whether "within 15 days from the receipt of the notice" or within 15 days from the date of the notice? What if the latter is mentioned. Does it vitiate the notice?

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 October 2016

Ramachary 's draft with corrections suggested and you can add your age in the first item of the draft after your name is mentioned shd be adequate, you don't need the detailed drft like the one suggested by Mr Arun trivedhi, in simple cheque bounces pls. tks. 

quresh rupawala (proprietor)     18 January 2021

thanks for such a well drafted notice will be helpful

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register