Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kum7kumarr (learning)     18 December 2020

Other party playing tactics

Hello experts,
Is there any time period to complete cross examination of petitioner. My petioner has trried to kill previous time from the very start and there is delay from his side.. But smhw I have covered half of the cross examination on his more than forty pages evidence affadavit. Though he is not able to prove anything, and counter evidences are there during cross confontration, he very smartly filed for commmisoner citing reasons that he is busy and unable to come and I have taken many time( since he doesn't want to get examined by me.) though I have been present in each date did cross relevant ways, so I argud on his commisoner appointment application. Now his application is not allowed and I have asked to continue but it is also mentioned that within 3 slots of around 50 minutes, I have to finish. I need some more time considering the major allegations, cofrontations etc what to do now as I know other party will definitely try to kill this future granted time also by many tactics during cross.. Shall I make an objection immediately during cros that this way it would require more time.. Also we have seen operative orders .. Full order with reasons I need to get...can I file during cross examination aplication for more time showing the conduct of the petitiiner and praying one two hearings more for cross. Also steno has asked me to sign the operative order that day.. What does it mean? The new judge sir is there who was nt in earlier cross. Going to high court is my second priority. Even with referring paras, and not repetiting questions, my sanctiifed rights are taken this way as I m doing only from lengthy affadavit? If I don't file closure purshish of cross if it's nt completed what will happen ?
Shall I file application that I need two session more during cross shwing that i have nt repeated and referring paras,,still other paras r remaining.. Please suggest.. Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 December 2020

Such directions from the Court are only directory i.e. mere guidelines and not mandatory. The court has no powers to restrict or curtail cross-examination. If, course, the Court can disallow questions that are irrelevant.

1 Like

Kum7kumarr (learning)     20 December 2020

Thanks a lot P. Venu sir for your assistance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register