Share on Email

Share More

manish chaturvedi   11 December 2020

DIVORCE

if wife is doing mental harrassment to me and my family

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   11 December 2020

Collect recorded evidence and file divorce against her if she doesn't changes her mental attitude.

Vaibhav Jalan   12 December 2020

Hi,

According to Section 13(i) (a) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, Cruelty under is the behaviour of one spouse towards the other which results in a reasonable apprehension in the mind of the latter that it is not safe for him or her to continue to stay in the matrimonial relationship anymore with the other. Proving mental cruelty is considered to be a sufficient ground for divorce. Your oral testimony or in writing is sufficient ground for proving mental cruelty. Audio and video evidence are the best evidence and it is broadly admitted by the court. You can also strengthen your case with witness’s testimonies.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 December 2020

Hello,

Mental harassment is the ground for filing a divorce case. However, before applying for divorce try to amicably settle the issue by involving the parents of husband and wife. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 December 2020

The facts posted are too generic devoid of any actionable facts.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 December 2020

What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case and an able, competent and intellent enought ot satisfy your questions? Follow it as advised without expecting miracle from experts from obligation of experts on this platform.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register