LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyendra Singh   15 November 2020

After Engagement Marriage Can be Called off

After Engagement If Marriage called off by Boy and girl side file complain against boy what should to do boy.

coz boy not like the girl with whom he's engaged.and he saw girl first time only in engagement. due to parents pressure he's unable to speak a single word for call off marriage but before marriage he's take desesion to not to marry her.
kindly suggest.

Learning

15 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 November 2020

1. "Engagement" is only a ritual process or say tentative agreement for marriage.  Such engagement process has no legally enforceable value as far as legal disputes or claims are concerned.

2. Any complaint relating to revocation of proposed marriage, will serve only as a "persuasive" factor and cannot have any legal repercussions /outcome.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

2 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2020

Have a personal talk with 'bride' explain her your feelings and honestly compensate the expenses if any.  In most of the Hindu traditions, cancellation of marriage proposal after betrothal remains as a blot and may hamper her future marriage prospects.  This is not a legal angle but humanitarian approach is needed.

2 Like

Satyendra Singh   16 November 2020

Dear sir We returned the all gifts and Ring with compalsate amount to gril father ,
even though he stict to do Complain and case against us to not marry her daughter. her father lodge complain local thana as well as women police station too . kindly guide us how to manage the situation.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2020

No other way than to engage an advocate for defending your case, and continue the efforts for a compromise.

1 Like

OK ,Dear Sir,
one more things after engagement if marriage called off its a crime or offence or not

Shashi Dhara   16 November 2020

They can only claim damages ,so be courage and face ,the situation.

1 Like

girls side claiming that due to dowry you cancelled the marriage after engagement and women police as well as local police came to my home and said that one of compalin against you

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 November 2020

Why you are posting facts in installments?  Calling of a marriage engagement does not involve any legal wrong, unless demand for dowry is involved. 

Shashi Dhara   17 November 2020

They have to prove it in court,challenge it,it is hard to prove this type of allegations.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     17 November 2020

First you find out whether any case is registered or there was only a GD by the other side due to which police came to your house for their report.

Because in case you are slapped with dowry charges it is a non bailable offence. I hope you understand what I want to mean!

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 November 2020

Attend the notice of police and get your version recorded and clarify your stand qua marriage.

Sureka Nagendhran (Senior Advocate)     18 November 2020

engage an advocate and go thana with him, He will manage and explain the fact, no one can compel for marriage.

Satyendra Singh   23 November 2020

Dear sir/madam,
regarding complain after engagement call off marriage received the complained by girls side and Mahila Police thanaa letter

I visited Two times mahila police than a but nobody take my statement kindly suggest us what Will do

Shashi Dhara   23 November 2020

Engage advocate  and approach court that they are intentionally harrasing you  with baseless allegations ,and to check them in court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register