Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indranil Mukherjee   02 November 2020

Unregistered cooperative society extorting money

Hi,

I live in an apartment which has 10 flats in total.The so called cooperative society was registered during the initial days(almost 30-32 years back).But now the registration has lapsed according to law and was never renewed.The other flat owners are not interested in doing so either.Now, after learning that it's illegal to collect and store money (read maintenance charges), I have stopped providing the same.But, couple of flat members have started to harrass and threaten me and my family with dire consequences like cutting off power and water supply to my flat if I don't pay up.They threaten us at their will whenever possible day and night.They're even threatening us that they will hire goons and beat us up.Rest of the flat members are encouraging them as well (I don't know if they're scared or something).As per law cooperative societies are required to renew the registration after every 5 years.They did nothing.No PAN card or bank account has ever existed representing the society.Yet, they're extorting money by means of threat.One particular family (a father daughter duo) is very very abusive.Kindly suggest what to do.

Learning

5 Replies

Kamlesh Dave   02 November 2020

file a case
1 Like

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     02 November 2020

If you are a tenant vacate and if your are owner fight legally.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     02 November 2020

Please convey all of them through an Advocate letter pad that unless the society is renewed you will not give them maintenance fees and even ask for inspecting the past books of accounts. Apart, file a complaint before the Police station for daily threat and nuisance against the father and his daughter particularly.

1 Like

Indranil Mukherjee   04 November 2020

Originally posted by : Suri.Sravan Kumar

If you are a tenant vacate and if your are owner fight legally.

I am a rightful owner of flat number 10.

vipnewsonline   19 January 2021

a hit freelancers swear by exercises — washing your face, putting on real garments and placing smartphone boundaries — and those recommendations increase to ingesting. dietary therapist and longtime paintings-from-homer wilma macdonald told huffpost that snacking right here and there's the largest mistake she sees new far flung workers make. she recommends setting up your day like all everyday working day, with a lunch wreck, a few smaller breaks and a focus at the most important meal: breakfast. top seo companies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register