LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chetna bhardwaj   01 November 2020

I receive a notice letter

I was work in banking sector and i left my job without any notice period . I was work only for 15 days from my joing but i m not confortable to continue there . So i left my job before three year now i receive a notice letter from the bank to pay the amount for relieving letter I ask the question is if i will not pay this amount so what is it legal action against me And i doesn't want relieaving letter from this company so if i m not paying this amount so is it ohk pls help what can i do in this situation

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 November 2020

Originally posted by : Chetna bhardwaj
I was work in banking sector and i left my job without any notice period . I was work only for 15 days from my joing but i m not confortable to continue there . So i left my job before three year now i receive a notice letter from the bank to pay the amount for relieving letter
I ask the question is if i will not pay this amount so what is it legal action against me
And i doesn't want relieaving letter from this company so if i m not paying this amount so is it ohk pls help what can i do in this situation

1. Since Bank has issued Notice AFTER Three years, legally you are not bound to pay any amount to the Bank, due to the restrictions of limitation period of three years.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     01 November 2020

Need to go through your appointment letter's terms and conditions. It is always better to serve the notice period.  

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2020

As per disciplinary rules and regulations you are treated as 'Absconding" and till you are relieved you continue to be an employee in the bank.  If you do not respond they may terminate your services at the maximum and generally banks are not after such employees who left the bank willingly, as there is huge queue of miles for Bank employment.  As a matter of courtesy, respond to notice and pray for waiving notice period and treating your absence as resignation.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 November 2020

It would be better to contact and consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ appointment letter containing terms and conditions of service, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register