LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant ahirwal   30 October 2020

Compassionate appointment

My father was a executive engineer in PHED MP and recently lost his life due to COVID-19 virus in September so, is it possible i can be posted as sub engineer if i posses B.E. civil engineering and graduated recently

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 October 2020

No.  Any compassionate appointment will be issued up to Junior Assistant post or its equivalent post or below the cadres only.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 October 2020

I agree with expert advise of Mr. Kavksatayanarayana.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 October 2020

Yes, generally, compassionate appointment is made only to group C & D posts.

hemant ahirwal   31 October 2020

Sub engineer is also a post of C Grade and i posses eligibility for technical field and i have seen in other states where people been appointed upto Grade B category , then won't i get the opportunity

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 October 2020

Yes, it is in public interest that a technically qualified person ought to be posted in a technical post. However, in a case of compassionate appointment, a group B post cannot be sought as a matter of right.

1 Like

hemant ahirwal   01 November 2020

I'm not asking much my query is that is it possible to get appointment on Grade C sub engineer if i possess a required qualifications and we weren't ready for our father loss and their are actually my father was the sole breadwinner of the whole family and junior assistant can't do enough for all of us , my father didn't even got a leave in this whole pandemic and kept working alone and got infected while working in a office and lost his life. So can't a government help the family of the deceased government officer

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 November 2020

You are rushing into the future. Take one step at a time. First of all, let the appointment materialise, whatever post it is. Then take up rest of the issues, one by one.

Kindly avoid self pity as the compassionate appointment is in addition to the statutory benefits due to the dependants of the deceased employee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register