LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Khatwani   29 October 2020

Maintenance

At the time of allotment,Society had decided not to charge maintenance fee from plot owner until house was constructed .But when house was constructed on plot belonging to member of working committee was constructed,it was decided to collect maintenance from all,But This decision was not communicated to me before or after passing it.Now Society has sent WA message and has asked me to pay maintenance from date of allotment.I have received about 30 letters from Society, which are mainly intimations of General meeting.Apart from recent WA message,I have not been asked to pay maintenance. As per audit report ending 2009,my name do not appear as defaulter.Society has not asked auditor to audit accounts after 2009.Is WA message valid?Society has not circulated bye laws so there is ambiguity in this matter.Society has not provided copy of bye laws in spite of several reminders.How to settle this issue?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 October 2020

It would be better to contact and consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant WA messages/ correspondence / documents for professional advise and proceeding.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 October 2020

You may serve a notice, preferably a legal one, highlighting above aspects.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 October 2020

Hello,

You may point out the society resolution about not charging maintenance to plot owner. Otherwise, you are liable to pay for the maintenance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register