Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahil (Module Leader)     28 April 2010

Live in relationship

Hi All,

There is my friend and she lives with his boyfriend for the last 8 years (Living Relationship)

Now after 8 years she wants to leave her boyfriend. But her friend is Pressurizing her not to leave. As she is not happy and she just wants to marry with another person.

Last night her boyfriend came with two Lawyers and he was saying that you can't leave me and it's in Law that "If a woman is living with man for the last 3 years as a living Relationship, then she can't break the relation"

Kindly suggest what to do next.

Many Thanks..

Learning

17 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     28 April 2010

ask your friend not to worry about anything. she cam leave him whenever she wants and there is no restriction of anything. the guy can not claim anything.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     28 April 2010

your friend is safe and her boyfriend can not compel her to stay with him, those two persons may not be lawyers but some bogus people.

tell her to leave him if she wishes to, and in case of any force being used against her she may contact local police station for necessary action.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     28 April 2010

See the difference,,, instead of this if he was living her then she could hacve done lot of things, like DV etc..... but he can not do anything.... What is this?????

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 April 2010

bogous. she has the every right to leave her ex boyfriend. no such rule , very confirmed. perhaps she need police help. go to police, without hesitation.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 April 2010

on the contray, the male may be sue by the female under dv act.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     28 April 2010

Sure... she can very well leave his boyfriend and even very well leave her husband after marriage, and can again return to her boyfriend or to some other botfriend ..after filing 498a and DV on legally wedded husband.. and extorting good maount of money from her next husband.... Very well.... Appreciated..

Good.. these thigns should be promoted in the great country like india...

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 April 2010

Yes, there is a great difernce being male and female in this matter.

Manish Singh (Advocate)     29 April 2010

somewhere this shows the difference of treatment of law between a guy and a girl..cant it be termed as inequality under the Constitution???? in practicality i think yes..bt as per the interpretation of the courts..no..since the Constitution itself has given special status to women..what is this??? 

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     29 April 2010

this should be raised as a point....Why is this.. is constitution making man a second class citizen,,, Giving no right for them???   I object this..

Everybody talks about gender equality,, is this gender equality????

what special provision on the basis of gender...  No justice for the really harassed and genuine male in law... then who will believe this law,,,,, Law should be uniform..... special treatment can be given personally m,,  bot by the law......   That is why india is facing the so much trouobles by rebels.... There is not any uniformaity under the law,,, thers should be uniform ,, unbiased law..

(Guest)

why making noise here , go to parliament and protest against constitution there

Manish Singh (Advocate)     30 April 2010

Dear Ms Kaur,

we cant protest against the constitution in the parliament and if we have any grievances then we can move the higher courts for the same otherwise mass movement may play an important role..

its not like that its a noise when we say that inequality has been done but in fact it did have been done which is apparent from the above example.

somewhere down the line this treatment is not good since a girl can go to protect her rights even in a live in relation but the same does not apply to guys..i know there's  a lot  of difference between a guy and a girl in all respects and they need protection too but men's perspective and interest should also be given importance..

2 Like

(Guest)

i mean to protest outside parliament peacefully( gandhigiri). these kind of laws give rise to mass movement  which if turn violent give rise to terrorism like khalistanis protesting against constituion in 1984 in delhi and chandigarh, governments if opress citizens too much by unequal laws may have to face such problems.this is just too much opression.......

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     30 April 2010

Ms.Kaur,

I think you are not a lawyer.

A lawyer has such power that he or she did not need to protest to change any law but our knowledge is our power and we are the law makers and changer. We can challange any law in Court.

So better to leave this topic and the simple reply is she can left and marry anywhere coz she is not married and till she isnot married then nobody can force her to stay with anyone.

Good luck.

sss (student)     05 May 2010

Hello,

i had a girl friend(love) till yesterday(4th may 2010)....we loved each other for past 3 years and girls family know that we are loving each other...only thing is we dint have s*x but we are very affectionately involved in our relationship......now just yesterday i came to know she is loving another guy and roaming with him around city.....as i asked her in front of him and she pretended as if she don't even know me......

Now in my hand i only have some pics, her messages and few recordings.....we are neighbors and we went to many movies, temples and many restaurants.....many of people know that we are committed as she her self accepted that she loves me in front of my friends.....

Please suggest me what shall i do, can i lodge a case on her.............?

Can it be called emotional blackmailing?? i know the value of relations and i respect my parents even her parents......any person who is emotional would surely kill her or kill himself....i can't bear this but still i had to......i don't want any one to be trapped as i am being trapped.....

so please please suggest me i will be awaiting for the reply from the great people who made time to reply my query..... 

Thank you in hoping a reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register