LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vis Hnu   29 August 2020

Legal heirs

My grand father(mother's father) has own property of 7 acres of land.He has two daughters. My mother is deceased she has two sons and the alived one has one daughter.1.My questions is who will get property??
2.My grandfather can sell the property or write the property in any ones name without legal heirs permision.he can do so

Learning

2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     29 August 2020

Hello,

Your grand father's property will be shared equally by your mother and her sister. After death of your mother's her son's daughter will get share of property. If the property is ancestral then your grandfather cannot sale or give property to other with out legal heirs NOC. You can challenge the transaction in civil court.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 August 2020

Your grand father ( maternal ) is not absolute owner of questioned property as it is ancestral so he can't sell it without consent/signature of other co sharers.After demise of your grand father, ownership rights would equally devolve to your grand father's daughters but one of his daughter ( your mother ) is no more then her share will go to her son's equally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register