LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     22 August 2020

20% immediate compensation not being provided in ni 138

My mother cheated me by not paying me back the 30 Lakhs she borrowed from me. She issued cheques which got bounced. Since the money belongs to my husband I filled a Cheque bounce case. She pleaded not guilty. Upon requesting the judge to grant the immediate 20% compensation by the accused he refused in our favour. Is it possible I can transfer my case to high court now because he denied 20% compensation or need to wait for the whole trial to finish which would take years in trial court!

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/cheque-bounce-case-212082.asp
My mother cheated me by not paying me back the 30 Lakhs she borrowed from me. She issued cheques which got bounced. Since the money belongs to my husband I filled a Cheque bounce case. She pleaded not guilty. Upon requesting the judge to grant the immediate 20% compensation by the accused he refused in our favour. Is it possible I can transfer my case to high court now because he denied 20% compensation or need to wait for the whole trial to finish which would take years in trial court!

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/cheque-bounce-case-212082.asp

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     22 August 2020

Complaint u/s 138 N.I.Act is triable by Magistrate court so it can not be transferred to High Court.Ask your counsel to try for early and speedy trail.

1 Like

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     22 August 2020

Ignore 20 percent. Fight  the main case and try to finish off expeditiously. There is nothing to do in the High court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register