LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nik Rage   20 July 2020

IPC 306 false accusations

My friend's girlfriend commit suicide and last call and messages were from my friend. so there family lodged a FIR that the boy was forcing and harassing the girl for marriage.

What could be the solution?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 July 2020

Originally posted by : Nik Rage
My friend's girlfriend commit suicide and last call and messages were from my friend. so there family lodged a FIR that the boy was forcing and harassing the girl for marriage.What could be the solution?

Nik Rage,

You can help your friend by providing him moral and financial support (if required).

The accused has to defend his own case.

At the most you may be his surety when he is taken in custody/arrested and bailed out.

2 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 July 2020

What is the present stage as to the FIR?

1 Like

Nik Rage   21 July 2020

@ P. Venu My friend is in other city and has not visited the police station yet. He is in shock and very much frightened because of the girls brother threatened him. sir in this case will he be arrested first? that too without any solid evidence? the girls family is super rich and has contact with VIPs.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 July 2020

If your friend is not yet arrested it is advisable that he must seek anticipatory bail otherwise he will be arrested and sent to jail till bail is granted.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 July 2020

There is no need for your friend to visit the Police Station unless specifically intimated. At that stage, he has the option to approach the Sessions Court/High Court and seek anticipatory bail if circumstances so warrant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register