LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Poonam Dubey (Lawyer)     25 April 2010

trespass

painting advertisements on outer side of compound wall of a private property amounts to 1) TRESPASS OR 2)NUISANCE. Painting of advertisement is physical interference according to me and thus i consider it to be trespass.

discussion invited

Learning

9 Replies

R.M.Bhaduri (Lawyer)     25 April 2010

Painting advertisement on the outer wall comes into the category of trespass,no doubt, but it also comes into the arena of nuisance as it always annoys you personally whenever you see it, due to reason that no permission was taken from you before painting the advertisement.
1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Evey state has laws under PREVENTION OF DEFACEMENT OF PROPERTY ACT, refer the act applicable to your state for remedy.

1 Like

thank you sir for your valuable comment.  .. as per your suggestion i checked the position in Gujarat, In gujarat there is no such state law in place. In that case what can be the remedy? action for trespass or nuisance or both as suggested by Mr. Bhandari.

Action u/s.268 IPC for nuisance can be foisted on the wrong-doers.

thanks again.. But is action u/s 268 of IPC possible when the property is a private property?

If there is a notice in this regard in place, then can action for criminal trespass be also posible?

Sir, I have seen your valuable tips and comments of various topics on lawyersclubindia and i would like to thank you for sharing your knowledge with all. 

Where do you practice law?

I practise @ Hyderabad.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     26 April 2010

Section 268. Public nuisance

A person is guilty of a public nuisance who does not act or is guilty of an illegal omission which causes any common injury, danger or annoyance to the public or to the people in general who dwell or occupy property in the vicinity, or which must necessarily cause injury, obstruction, danger or annoyance to persons who may have occasion to use any public right.

A common nuisance is not excused on the ground that it causes some convenience or advantage.

Vishal sir, I dont think the section attracts private property. Pl clarify if I am wrong.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 April 2010

Very interesting indeed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register