LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kum7kumarr (learning)     18 July 2020

Cross

While doing cross of petitioner in a family matter, he admitted facts which he denied earlier in his evidence affadavit those are my ws contents .So when it is showed in the court asking him why he denied this earlier, the court said that i can take it in argument. So is it necessary to ask on the spot such contradictions or if i can take during final arguemnts since the admiited facts are on record.

Learning

4 Replies

Sunayana Chhabra   18 July 2020

not necessary to spot. can take it during final arguments. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 July 2020

Since you have already questioned the veracity of examination-in-chief of the witness, don't put any other question, you have already demolished their version.

Now emphasis upon each word during your final argument, the Court has rightly advised/ directed. 

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     18 July 2020

Hello,

No need ask about contradiction to petitioner again. Later on at the time of argument you can point out the contradiction to court to support your case.

1 Like

Kum7kumarr (learning)     20 July 2020

Thank you sir...Just a small doubt..can you please guide...How is examination in cheif differnt from cross examination.

Thanks !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register