Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Advocate, High court )     26 June 2020

Some questions:

SOME QUESTIONS:
1. Do you think that the Judiciary is free from corruption?
2. Do you think that the Judiciary is free from any interference by the Governments?
3. Do you think that every person is treated to be equal in the Courts of law irrespective of his / her social status?
4. Do you think that the principle of Might is right is no longer in practice?
5. Do you think that the chances of getting justice from the Apex court of law, are equal and the same for a person living in the remote areas of a State and the person who lives in the City of National capital?

Learning

6 Replies

Sampada Sharma   26 June 2020

1.  I guess in India, no office or organ of govt is free from corruptin. Every office or organ of body is corrupted till some extent. In judiciary also, sometimes the lawyers are corrupt and some times the judges. Even in india there is a common saying that ' Lawyers are liars'.
  2. In my opinion 'NO'. There is interence of legislature in the work of judiciary. Sometimes it is because of the pressure of govt. in some way or because of the pressure of media or sometimes the pressure of people of india that the work of judiciary is hindered. Even the CJI was appointed with the reference of President.
  3. In my opinion there is an equality before the law but not in fromt of the court because firstly there is a difference of status to approach the court. many times it is seen that the poor people can't approach court because of unavailability of resources and financial assistance, then there is a fear in the mind of people that only rich is to be heard in the courts and not all. Court cannot give decision if the case dont come in front of them. Thus, in the eyes of law everyone is equal but before court they are not.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 June 2020

Being an advocate, what are your suggestions?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 June 2020

Except for wasting time, unless there is a change in the attitude of the stakeholders, there can never be an improvement.  Every one of us is responsible for such a bad judicial system.  The law always is far from a common man, and a common man can never into litigation.  The final satisfaction is treating that even judges are human and they got their own weakness.  Finally, in Hindu philosophy, we throw it on our fate or karma and blame God or curse the perpetrators and continue in our routine.  Most pathetic state, where no one can bring a ray of hope.

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 June 2020

𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝, 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖..
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 June 2020

I agree and appreciate the opinion and advise of Mr. Kishor Mehta.

1 Like

Str sundaram   01 July 2020

I appreciate the opinion of Mr.kishormehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register