LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anmol Rastog   19 June 2020

seized vehicle because of accident by police

My query is if i met with an accident and if my vehicle seized by police, is there any section in which police can seize my vehicle without any FIR against me by the injured person?

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 June 2020

It is not only concerned with your vehicle if there is a crime, each and every pin has to be confiscated to establish that crime before the court.  After the production in court, one can get back the same from courts depending on the circumstances and role of that vehicle.  

1 Like

ok..Thanks for the answer. ☺

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 June 2020

Why "if" - is this not a realtime query?

Its not time pass, I met with an accident a month before and my problem was already resolved, due to the lack of knowledge I must ask about this problem for future happenings.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 June 2020

Instead of posting your query on the basis of "ifs" and "but" you must be specific, so that some meaningful advise can be rendered by experts, who are obliging needy litigants.

If there is some problem / dispute is still persisting you may redraft and post it.

1 Like

Shanmugam .C   20 June 2020

Sir,

You told that you have met with an accident. You have not clearly informed whether you have filed FIR or filed by opposite party. Further the concerned police might have been given receipt of seized your vehicle. Without full information you   cannot expect approximate suggestions.

C. Shanmugam

MB 9841888978.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register