LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Digital Contract

Recently, I have just started an online Job work from home. The project is to type 600 resumes in their website ,they will provide the data. But their site is not working properly, I couldn't submit my projects. I have speedy internet connection , but their site keeps loading all the time.

I have contacted the customer care and they said if I couldn't submit the project I have to pay ₹6500. I informed them about the site issues but no relevant solutions. Work started from 15/06/2020 and ends in 22/06/2020.
I signed a digital contract with them with the clause of penalty for non completion of the project.

what should I do ? Do I need to face any court case?

Learning

9 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 June 2020

Is the site operating from Surat in Gujarat? This is an arrangement to defraud the innocent persons like them. You should stop any further dealings with them. It iss better not attend the phone calls or respond to their mails.

Yes, will now come up with threat of court cases. They are just empty threats, just ignore them.

2 Like

(Guest)
Thank you venu sir for your reply. Yes their address is Surat, Gujarat. The contract includes a stamp paper rs 300.

Hons Vishnu   18 June 2020

Thank You for sharing
1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 June 2020

Originally posted by : Sachin Xavier
Recently, I have just started an online Job work from home. The project is to type 600 resumes in their website ,they will provide the data. But their site is not working properly, I couldn't submit my projects. I have speedy internet connection , but their site keeps loading all the time.I have contacted the customer care and they said if I couldn't submit the project I have to pay ₹6500. I informed them about the site issues but no relevant solutions. Work started from 15/06/2020 and ends in 22/06/2020.I signed a digital contract with them with the clause of penalty for non completion of the project.what should I do ? Do I need to face any court case?

1. When the site people demand any penalty money, tell them to go to hell and you do not be so gullible to fall for such traps.  There cannot be any court case on you for non-completation of any assignment /job.

2. Such fraudulent sites /co. does not nothing, except cheat people.  File an zero FIR in cyber cell in your local Police Station and request them to initiate investigate and prosecution.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 June 2020

In future, record the issues immediately and inform the problems to any principal at the earliest.  File a criminal complaint and mark a copy to cyber crime.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2020

Such rackets have been in operation at least for the past couple of years. I had come in the know of the matters through a housewife who had fell in the their trap. She had approached me at a stage when she had failed in meeting the target and she was being coerced throun e-mails and phone calls to huge amounts towards damages and interest thereto. The matter ended once she stopped responding (she had even changed her sim card). 

I had suggested her to file a criminal complaint. But she was not comfortably placed for initiating action.

You, as an young man, should take the lead and file an FIR so that such fraudulent people could be restrained. 

You, certainly, can look forard to us for assistance to the best of our capability. 

P.S. In my first posting the sentence "This is an arrangement to defraud the innocent persons like them" may kindly be read as "This is an arrangement to defraud the innocent persons like you".  The error is regretted.

1 Like

Abhishek Dadhich (Advocate)     18 June 2020

first of all send them an email complaint about this. make a video of yourself trying to upload the resume and clearly record date and time. this will provide you defence if they file a court case against you. 

you can also send them a letter for "revocation of the agreement" via email stating about the slowdown of their website. 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 June 2020

Someone should make counterclaim and many should use string operations to track such culprits. Looting young men and exploiting their weakness to extort money from poor persons.

1 Like

(Guest)
Of course Venu sir, we should do something against these fraud people. The project time ends 22/06/2020 , If I get threatening mails again I will file a complaint.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register