LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Qtv Telugu   11 June 2020

Family Divorce alimony problem

We applied for mutual divorce with agreement of 8.5 lakh Alimony.
Already paid 4 lakh, Remaining amount I need pay.
Now I am unable to pay that money, due to covid19 financial problems.
Already my salary got reduced 25% due to covid19
My Salary 75k, Every month I need pay 66k for personal loan EMI
Loan I took for my house construction and for already paid alimony, some amount invested in stock, which is totally in lose.
Unable to take additional loan now.
Unable change another job due to recession

1. Is there any way to terminate alimony?
2. If 1st point not possible, any way to reduce or making Emi of alimony?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2020

Contact your family friend/relative that can explain the problem to ex-spouse and if she is really understanding she may agree.  If she is also having such commitments now, she may not agree.  There should be mutual discussions and some arrangements of paying the balance amount at a particular date like promissory note supported by a cheque next year with such agreement may work out.   Contact local advocates.  It all depends on intentions and beg, steal or borrow and settle the issue once for all if you wanted to have mental peace.  In modern days, the word 'Trust" disappeared.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2020

You can inform the ex-wife of the situation. If she moves the court, you may try to apprise the Court of the situation and seek time and/or reduced instalments.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2020

Explain the situation / changed circumstances to your wife for change in terms and conditions settled for payment of alimony which she may agree to forgo, modify or agree for EMI.

Take prior permission of the Family Court  on oral /written application to amend the terms and conditions of settlement arrived for lump sum payment. 

1 Like

Parasar   14 June 2020

What is ur level of patience
1 Like

Qtv Telugu   14 June 2020

until police case, if any consequences

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register