Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan Kumar   25 May 2020

PAN information

Hello Sir,

can I work for two jobs using same PAN number which I have.

Learning

6 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     26 May 2020

If any body lodge complaint you will be in trouble. Secondly if the timings are seperate then you can work taking permission from at least one employer. 

1 Like

Pawan Kumar   27 May 2020

Thanks for your response Kishan sir. I work in a IT company presently and trying to do part-time for US company. Yes I need to adjust the timings. I can't tell my present company that I'm working for other as surely it's a problem and that too they won't accept.
The US company know I'm working in India for a company so they won't reveal.

So as per your suggestion I feel I can do but the main problem is how much genuine is USA company. Why I doubt is they asked for my PAN number. Why US company need PAN number of me to credit salary. Will they use it for any fraud? is it possible ?

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     29 May 2020

Dual employment is prohibited under the Factories Act. But considering you are working in IT sector, you will not fall under the Factories Act. However, please check your letter of appointment for clauses which may debar you from any other employment. If such clause exists in your letter of appointment, then it will be illegal to work in another company.

Now, even if there is no such clause, you current (Indian) comany may bring charges against you for not giving full effort to the company since you are engaged in dual employment and over working and getting less time to rest per day and hence your output is suffering. 

I would advice not to engage yourself in dual employment. However, before that your letter of appointments of both companies needs to be looked into in order to understand the factual aspect.

Regarding the US company asking for PAN card, it is difficult to tell whether such company is fraud or not for the info you have provided. 

1 Like

Pawan Kumar   30 May 2020

what I understood is if my company is Ok I can do and government won't object it. Means I can receive salary from two companies on the same PAN number.. Am I right

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     31 May 2020

As far as I know you will not face any issue from governemnt regarding income from multiple source as long as you pay your taxed properly. 

1 Like

Pawan Kumar   31 May 2020

that's what I want.. thank you very much Ritesh sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register