LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran kumar reddy   25 May 2020

Daughter's rights on Father's property after marriage

My mother is married in 1981. My father expired in 1994. Now, my mother 's family is dividing their property and conveyed my mother that she will not be getting any share in the land, house and other properties of my grand father (ancestral property, not self acquired. Grand Father expired in 2001). Does my mother not have any right on her father's property. If she has, how should she claim it.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     25 May 2020

Ancestral property means, any property that passes undivided down up to four generations of male lineage.  The property is your grandfather’s property. So in which generation now is dividing?   As per me, under Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act 2005,  daughters are entitled to a share in the property along with their male siblings.

Kiran kumar reddy   25 May 2020

@ Satyanarayana sir, it's almost 5th generation... no one knows or remembers how that property was acquired decades ago .. and the house was built in 1972 by my grand father...

ram k   28 May 2020

Can a married woman give all her savings to her brother instead of saving for her family. where as the brother doesnt want to give any money back

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     28 May 2020

Your mother is fully entitled to claim her share in your maternal grand father's ancestral property by filing Partition Suit before the Court of Law.

1 Like

Kiran kumar reddy   28 May 2020

Thank you Banerjee sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register